Saturday, February 8, 2014

Birthday Fun Update

I had a lot of fun on my birthday. The first half was a bit boring- my husband had to work. But I did get in a nice 2 hour bubble bath after I kicked the dogs outside. I played spa music on Pandora and used the voice control feature on my Surface to read an English translation of the Buddhacarita. It was the most relaxing thing I've done in months.

The Birthday Fun Stuff

After my hubby got home we went to one of his work friend's house and waited for everyone else to arrive. This part was very strange for me for a couple of reasons.

  1. This get-together had nothing to do with my birthday. We just showed up with my birthday cake.
  2. I didn't know anyone. My husband has the good habit of keeping work stuff at work and private life private. This means that I hadn't ever met any of these people before because they all work with the hubs. So I was spending my birthday with about 10 people I didn't know. Awkward...
  3. The hubs didn't really tell me what we were doing. I just got to find out as we went along.
Luckily for my husband it ended well and I had a great time. We first stopped at a Korean BBQ place where you BBQ your own food. Then after a couple of hours we went to a bikini bar where I got a lap dance from a very talented stripper.

The entire time a variety of alcoholic drinks were flowing and I broke the universal law of alcohol: Beer before liquor never sicker.

When we finally got home I ran straight to the toilet. Eventually I was able to go to bed and I woke up in close to the same state I fell asleep in. For most of the day I stayed close to the porcelain bowl where Princess and Nessie kept me company. Especially Nessie. I'm sure if I had let her, she would have placed her paw on my shoulder and held my hair back. It was the nicest thing a dog has ever done for me.

So all that maturity stuff I said on my birthday sure seems like nonsense now. Especially since I still feel very, very lousy. Hope you had a good weekend!


Nessie checking to make sure I'm okay

No comments:

Post a Comment