Saturday, December 7, 2013

Doggie Wake-Up Call

I have a love/hate relationship with my free wake-up call system.

Adopt Now: The Free Wake-Up Call Included

At 6:28am I hear a whine coming from the corner of the room. I went to bed around 11pm last night so I'm not very cognizant. It's warm in bed and I'm determined to drift back to sleep so I snuggle deeper into my cocoon of blankets and bedsheets. I'm halfway to Dreamville when I hear another whine.

This time the whining triggered stirring at my feet. I feel a head pushing against me similar to the head that begs, "Pet meeeeeeee". I ignore it and pretend I'm asleep. If I keep pretending they'll leave me alone.

The head gets more insistent and a cold nose touches my face.

"Nessie!" I exclaim as I hide under the covers. That's exactly how I want to be woken up; a cold nose on a freezing morning.

I groan as Nessie keeps pawing at the covers to get at my face again. The whining in the corner gets louder as Princess gets impatient. She may be fine being in the kennel at night but as soon as morning arrives she lives up to her name.

To stop the pawing and the whining I drag my body out of bed, open the kennel door, and then rush both dogs outside.

I don't think I will ever get to sleep in again.These two are my state-of-the-art, complex morning alarm system. And even though I hate it, I wouldn't trade it.

Do your pets have an interesting way of waking you up? Let me know in the comments!

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I had a schipperke who used to wake me up by putting his muzzle in my mouth, early in the morning. Oddly, I grew used to it. Now, my dogs sneak up to me, and if their cold noses don't get me through prodding or touching my face, they bark right in my ear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been quite a shock the first time it happened! Dogs are determined to get what they want, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. I also use to wake my dad in the morning with my cold nose, because my mother is hopeless in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dogs sure do know how to work your cold noses :) If it would stay on I'd suggest to your parents to put a clown nose on you before bed. No more cold noses! Alas, I doubt it would stay on long enough to be useful.

      Delete