Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet The Bloggers Blog Hop

I've joined the "Meet the Bloggers" blog hop where you get to know the person behind the blog, not just our fuzzy friends. We're supposed to post a recent picture of ourselves and answer at least 5 questions. Here we go!


What's your favorite non-animal related book? I love classic novels especially those by Dumas but my all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I really wanted to name Princess, Darcy, but my husband wasn't fond of the name. He wanted to name her Oreo.

What's your favorite non-animal related movie? I have about 5 favorites but "Pride and Prejudice" with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen takes the cake.

What do you wish you were more skilled at? Lots of things. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I get frustrated when I don't do things flawlessly. But I would love to be a better figure skater.

What's one thing you have to do every day? I have to take my medicine every day. I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. I have a feeling this question was supposed to be more lighthearted, though, so I guess I have to listen to music every day. I get grumpy if I don't.

What's your favorite holiday? It's a tie between Christmas and Valentine's day.

Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy? I love to read, I love to listen to music, and I love spending time with my two baby dogs. Doing all three at the same time? Even better.

11 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Pride and Prejudice, too :) I loved both the book and film version! It was very nice reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nailah! Jane Austen really had a way with words. I read all her books at least once a year.

      Delete
  2. Perfectionists unite! I can totally relate on that front, even though it does make me somewhat crazy at times.

    Glad you joined the hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! I have to listen to music everyday too! It's an absolute must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your babies are precious! Have a wonderful holiday and a healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Happy Howlidays to you, too and a healthy, successful 2014.

      Delete
  5. Love Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice - both the book and the movie.
    I am so glad you joined the hop. My first thought when I saw you was "Wow, she's gorgeous. I could never compare to her." Then I read about your lupus and was reminded that every one of us has our trials and tribulations and looks have very little to do with it.

    I've never visited your blog before, but I love that you were so honest and open.
    It is a pleasure to meet you. Your pups are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I think I'm blushing. :) Thank you for the lovely compliments and I'm glad you liked this post.

      It is a pleasure to meet you as well and I look forward to checking your blog out.

      Delete
  6. Although I don't do it every day anymore (but I should), I also get grumpy when I go too long between listening to music. I think it's in my soul. When I was a kid it was a weekend ritual for my Mom to put on one of her 70's rock albums and for us to dance around the living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother did something similar for my sister and I when we were kids. She would turn on the radio and we'd do interpretive dances. She made sure we were exposed to classical music at a young age so we could appreciate it when we were older. I think it worked. And she's probably the reason I need to listen to music so much.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for joining the blog hop. Music is where I turn when I'm down in the dumps, for some reason it really cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete